2016 was an important year for me. Here’s why:
- I gave the ICSE and didn’t fail- in retrospect it’s pretty obvious that I wasn’t going to fail but when you’ve been prepping for an exam that is supposed to “determine your future” for two years, no matter how easy you know it’s going to be, the stress and fear you feel while writing the papers and even more on the day of results, is unparalleled.
- I got into the college of my dreams- Okay, not entirely true, but Xavier’s *became* my dream college as soon as I walked in for the first time. I mean LOOK AT IT.
and the food (!!!)
- I met these beautiful people who I now consider family.
- I was part of an Italian Exchange and got to host the coolest person ever, not to mention the friends I made and the experiences I had were amazingg.
- My best friend moved back from Calcutta and I got to spend proper time with her after 5 years.
- I became part of a non profit organisation that showcases musical talent. We’re called Catharsis, and in 2016 we did 2 events and I got to host them. They were both amazing and I met so many talented people.
- I taught these super cute kids a few dances with my all time favourite dancing buddy.
- I went for 2 amazing concerts, and they were both very special for different reasons.
…and I fell in love with Chris Martin even more (if that’s possible)
- I went to Sri Lanka!!!! On a cruise!!! with my grandparents!!!
- I listened to Hamilton and later In the Heights and they had such a profound impact on my life because I’m still recovering from how amazing they are.
- I made a bookstagram account (which is basically instagram for books) and I had so much fun experimenting with different kinds of books and themes. I’m not revealing the name of the account just yet though. I read some really good books too like- I’ll give you the Sun, All the Bright Places, Lady Midnight, Eleanor and Park etc.
- I started this blog- and it was honestly one of the best decisions of my life. I may not have a fan following but to the people who ask me when my next post will be up and the people who share these articles and comment, and to everyone who reads till the end, thank you so much, I love you guys.