“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.”
When I was younger I used to think that everybody is assigned role, that only they can fulfill. Like only singers can sing, only painters can paint and only dancers can dance.
Any Body Can Dance. And I’m not saying that in some preachy, deluded way, and I’m not implying that everybody can dance well, all I’m saying is that anybody who is capable of moving is technically capable of dancing.
Then why don’t most people?
This is something I feel very strongly about, because every day I see people so wound up with stress and strain they look like they support the world on their delicate shoulders, and I think , “why don’t they just dance a little bit?”
So if you’re a ‘wallflower’ or someone who doesn’t dance because “they can’t” then I am here to inform you that there is a whole new word of bliss that you don’t even know about. But if that’s not enough to convince you here’s my top reasons why EVERYBODY should dance-
- CONFIDENCE-Nothing boosts your confidence more than performing in front of people and having them receive it well.Dance like EVERYBODY is watching.
- IT’S EXERCISE-but fun.
- DON’T YOU WANT TO FEEL FREE- let go of inhibitions, get lost in the music, forget about the world, BE ALIVE?
- LIVING EVERY MOMENT- For normal people 30 seconds isn’t a lot. If you dance, then you know that 30 seconds is a life time.There is nothing more liberating than being completely aware of every millisecond,of every second, of every minute.
- YOU DON’T ACTUALLY KNOW YOUR BODY- until you dance.Your strengths, your weaknesses, your capabilities.
- ENDORPHINS- Exercise releases endorphins and endorphins make you happy.
- CLEARS YOUR MIND- it’s like going for a run, only better, because I hate running.
- WHAT IF YOU ARE ACTUALLY GOOD- and you never knew because you were scared of being judged at some party and then you decided you “can’t dance”. HOW WILL YOU EVER KNOW?
In conclusion, whether it’s at a dance party or in a class or alone in your bedroom I implore you to give it a shot, because dance changed my life and it can change yours too.
In the immortal words of Madonna – “express yourself”